Contributor - Level 3

SOS X32 HELP

We purchased and set up the Behringer X-32 along with an Behringer S16. We already have the Behringer HA-8000 for headphone distribution and so far I'm able to route the inputs of the S16 for use out of our mains/wedge monitors. However, I'm unable to figure out how to configure it so that I can send buses to the outputs of the S16 so that it can be sent to the 8 individual direct inputs on the HA-8000 so each musician/singer may have their own mix with their own bus. Is there a setting on the S32 that I haven't set up properly? Or is it a routing issue on the X32 console? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Christian Doerflinger
Cdoe99 Contributor - Level 3 2019-12-02

2019-12-02

SOS X32 HELP

We purchased and set up the Behringer X-32 along with an Behringer S16. We already have the Behringer HA-8000 for headphone distribution and so far I'm able to route the inputs of the S16 for use out of our mains/wedge monitors. However, I'm unable to figure out how to configure it so that I can send buses to the outputs of the S16 so that it can be sent to the 8 individual direct inputs on the HA-8000 so each musician/singer may have their own mix with their own bus. Is there a setting on the S32 that I haven't set up properly? Or is it a routing issue on the X32 console? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

• 0 Kudos
  • 14 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: SOS X32 HELP

@Cdoe99 wrote:

It worked perfectly, thank you very much. I do have one last request. Since we only record our sermons, could you possibly route channel 10 to the X-USB Audio Interface as well. You truly have made the entire board transition amazing and have been very helpful.

@Cdoe99 

I'm happy to hear it all works as planned.

I have routed channel 10 to X-USB tracks 1 & 2 via the Utranet tab. You should set the USB interface to 2ch/2ch on Setup -> Card (not part of scene settings). I used the Input signal tap so the recording will be directly from the preamp with no EQ or dynamics. 

X32 Card 10.PNGChannel 10 to Ultranet 1 & 2

X32 Card Out UN.PNGX-USB output from Ultranet 1-8

View solution in original post

@Cdoe99 

Hello Christian,

There are two steps required to send Mixbus outputs to the S16. First select the Mixbuses in the Routing -> Outputs 1-16 tab. For example:

X32 Outputs.PNG

If Outputs 1-16 are already all in use for console outputs, you could stage the Mixbuses on the Ultranet tab instead.

Then route the block of eight outputs to the S16. The example assumes it is connected to AES50-A port. The S16 should be set to mode 1 (Outputs 1-8):

X32 AES.PNG

If you have updated your console firmware to V4.0, the routing tab names are slightly different.

If this doesn't help, save your scene and attach the file to your post (see Choose File button below) so we can fix it for you.

You mentioned S32 in your post. Was this a typo? If not, please tell us how the S32 and S16 are connected to the console.

Contributor - Level 3

I'd like to send Mix Buses 1-8 to Outputs 1-8 on the S16 so that input 1 will be output 1, etc. I'd like to only have Bus 6 and 7 routed so that it will go through the normal mains (aux out 1) with the monitors (monitor control (R) only. Thank you in advance.

Christian Doerflinger

@Cdoe99 

I'd like to send Mix Buses 1-8 to Outputs 1-8 on the S16 so that input 1 will be output 1, etc.

That part is straightforward if you mean that S16 Output 1 is Mixbus1 etc. You appear to only be using Mixbuses 1-6 at the moment but we can route all eight if that is what you want. Please confirm. 

I'd like to only have Bus 6 and 7 routed so that it will go through the normal mains (aux out 1) with the monitors (monitor control (R) only.

I don't understand this part. At the moment you have Main-R routed to Aux Outputs 1 & 2 and Main-L routed to Aux Output 3. Main-L is also routed to console XLR Output 15 and Main-R is on console XLR Output 16. Console XLR Outputs 1-8 are direct feeds from S16 Inputs 1-8. Console XLR Outputs 9-14 are from Mixbuses 9-14. 

What do you want done with Mixbuses 7 & 8?

What do you want sent to the console XLR Outputs?

Contributor - Level 3

So I figured out how to route the outputs of the s16 successfully so to answer your first question, it has already been resolved. As for your second question, I misworded it. I'd like mix buses 1-5 to be sent to outputs 1-8 only (as they currently are), while buses 6-7 are sent only to the monitor control room out (r). Also, is there any way to send one signal from a channel to only the outputs and neither the mains nor the monitors?

Christian Doerflinger

@Cdoe99 

So I figured out how to route the outputs of the s16 successfully so to answer your first question, it has already been resolved.

I'm glad you're making progress with your routing.

I'd like mix buses 1-5 to be sent to outputs 1-8 only (as they currently are), while buses 6-7 are sent only to the monitor control room out (r).

You can't route buses to the Monitor outputs. These are only controlled by the Monitor Source dropdown on the Monitor tab. You could route buses 7/8 to a pair of XLR or Aux outputs. If you only want a mono output, you could send the Mixbus pair to a single Matrix bus where they would be summed. Then route the Matrix bus to the required output.

Also, is there any way to send one signal from a channel to only the outputs and neither the mains nor the monitors?

You can disconnect a channel from the Main mix by clicking the LR button on its Main tab so it turns grey:

X32 LR Off.PNG

You can still set Sends from the channel to Buses or use a signal tap from the Direct Out Channel on the Routing -> Out 1-16 tab.

Contributor - Level 3

So essentially with the way I currently have things wired is just wrong when it comes to the monitor wedges (Right Monitor Control Output) but if I were to insert this wire into aux 2 out and assign only channels 7 + 8 to output through aux 2 and 1 (so it can come out of the mains as well), I'll be able to have only 7 + 8 go to the monitors as requested?

Christian Doerflinger

@Cdoe99 wrote:

So essentially with the way I currently have things wired is just wrong when it comes to the monitor wedges (Right Monitor Control Output) but if I were to insert this wire into aux 2 out and assign only channels 7 + 8 to output through aux 2 and 1 (so it can come out of the mains as well), I'll be able to have only 7 + 8 go to the monitors as requested?

@Cdoe99 

At the moment you have Main-R routed to Aux Outputs 1 & 2 and Main-L routed to Aux Output 3. You can route Buses 7 & 8 to Aux 1 & 2 but they will replace the Main R output. If you want to combine the Buses with the Main LR mix you would need to send them to a Matrix Bus and then route that to the required Aux outputs.

I don't understand how you are using the Aux outputs for Mains and Monitors or what you want to achieve with Buses 7 & 8. Can you explain this?

Contributor - Level 3

I think I may have routed and wired that part wrong which is what is causing the most problems for set up of everything. So basically, what I'd like to do is have separate controls for my wedge monitors, my mains, and my in ear monitors. 

This is how I'd need everything routed:

The wedge monitors would only receive channels 10 and 11 as these channels belong to our pastors mic and a guest mic.

The wired In-Ear Monitors would only receive the bus outputs (as they currently do) since these belong to the musicians/singers, and channel 8 would need to only go to this as well as that is the clicking guide that we don't want anyone but the singers/musicians to hear through the IEM's.

Meanwhile the Mains will receive all of the channels, except for channel 8 (as previously stated).

I'm not sure exactly how to wire the mains/wedge monitors for this board, so if needed, I will gladly rewire it the way it needs to be in order to work for the routing.

Also, our mains and wedge monitors are chained together so that is why we only have 2 wires in total (one for the mains, one for the monitors) instead of 4.

Christian Doerflinger

@Cdoe99 

I'm still confused about how you have this connected.

Also, our mains and wedge monitors are chained together so that is why we only have 2 wires in total (one for the mains, one for the monitors) instead of 4.

Do you mean that your Main speakers are just mono? If so you should send the Main LR bus to a single Matrix bus so the two sides are summed to mono and route that to the appropriate output. 

Meanwhile the Mains will receive all of the channels, except for channel 8 (as previously stated).

That is straightforward. Just turn off the LR button on the channel's Main tab.

The wedge monitors would only receive channels 10 and 11 as these channels belong to our pastors mic and a guest mic.

If, as quoted above, the wedges are mono, you just need to send channels 10 & 11 to a Mixbus and route that to an appropriate output.

I'm not sure exactly how to wire the mains/wedge monitors for this board, so if needed, I will gladly rewire it the way it needs to be in order to work for the routing.

The routing should have enough flexibility to match the way you want to wire the outputs. In the scene you posted earlier, you are using Buses 1-6 for monitor mixes. You could use Bus 7 for the wedge mix and a Matrix to sum the Main mix to mono. With only eight outputs you could route them to the console XLR outputs - unless there is some reason that you want to use the Aux outputs?