Contributor - Level 3

Sending Audio to Overflow

Is it possible to send audio from Midas M32 FOH directly to Behringer X32(Overflow Room) in adjoining building for remixing for Overflow sound via fiber or Cat 6 cable? If so can you give general set up instructions?

Rick Strait
Servant53 Contributor - Level 3 2019-09-20

2019-09-20

Sending Audio to Overflow

Is it possible to send audio from Midas M32 FOH directly to Behringer X32(Overflow Room) in adjoining building for remixing for Overflow sound via fiber or Cat 6 cable? If so can you give general set up instructions?

• 0 Kudos
  • 16 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: Sending Audio to Overflow

@RexBeckett  is correct.  They are sold in pairs so that is the pair price.  I haven't had a need that often but in all cases we went with these in a permanent installation.  Others may know of other fiber options. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Volunteer Moderator

@Servant53 wrote:

What distance is it between the M32 and X32? if it is less than 100m (320 feet), then you can use an AES50 cable (shielded cat5e/6/7 with ethercon ends) to go between the 2 consoles and provide all of the audio (48 channels bidirectional) for both consoles.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 3

Distance between 2 mixers approximately 250 feet. How do I configure routing in M32 to send one way signal to X32 in Overflow so the can remix audio for that room? I realize it will come out of M32 aes50b port since I’m utilizing aes50 for DL32 stage box. 

Rick Strait
Volunteer Moderator

@Servant53 wrote:

Distance between 2 mixers approximately 250 feet. How do I configure routing in M32 to send one way signal to X32 in Overflow so the can remix audio for that room? I realize it will come out of M32 aes50b port since I’m utilizing aes50 for DL32 stage box. 

On the M32, first go to the Routing, home (Inputs) screen and note the 4 banks of 8 assignments. Then go to the Routing, AES50-b screen and duplicate those first 4 bank assignments. That way both consoles will get the same inputs.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks so much!

Rick Strait
Contributor - Level 3

With the M32 in one building and the X32 in an adjoining building will there any electrical interference? This will be point to point via Aes50 over Cat5/6. Both buildings are on separate electrical grounding systems. I really need this to work. 

Rick Strait

@Servant53 ,

Hi Rick, 

If it were me, I'd use a pair of Klark-Teknik DN9620 extenders with a fiber optic cable between the two buildings.  An optical only connection would ensure zero electrical noise issues.  It's not a cheap solution but it would be rock solid. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 3

Klark-Teknik DN9620 extenders @ $1500 each. Is there not a cheaper piece of equipment?

Rick Strait
Super Contributor - Level 2

@Servant53 wrote:

Klark-Teknik DN9620 extenders @ $1500 each. Is there not a cheaper piece of equipment?

@Servant53 

The KT DN9620 is usually sold as a pair for around $1500. Check with your supplier.

@RexBeckett  is correct.  They are sold in pairs so that is the pair price.  I haven't had a need that often but in all cases we went with these in a permanent installation.  Others may know of other fiber options. 

Ken