Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Sharing X32 audio channels with another X32 possible?

We currently use an X32 for live mixing.  Is it possible that we can connect an additional X32 for mixing separately the existing 32 channels for our live stream sound feed?

Thanks!

Bob

RFEvenson Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-18

2019-11-18

Sharing X32 audio channels with another X32 possible?

We currently use an X32 for live mixing.  Is it possible that we can connect an additional X32 for mixing separately the existing 32 channels for our live stream sound feed?

Thanks!

Bob

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Rising Star - Level 3

Re: Sharing X32 audio channels with another X32 possible?

Hi Bob ( @RFEvenson ), 

I'll explain using X32 Edit since I seldom go to the front of my X32 Rack. 

Let's call the "live" mixer #1 and the "stream" mixer #2. 

1. While connected to Mixer #1, click on "Routing" in the upper-right corner. 

2. Click on "Inputs" and make sure that Channel 1-32 (on the left) are mapped to Local 1-32 (on the top). 

3. Click on "AES50 A/B" and map Local 1-32 (at the top) to AES50-A 1-32 (on the left)

4. Close the Routing Window. 

5. Click on "Setup" in the upper-right corner. 

6. Click on "Mixer" and make sure the Sychronization is set to "Internal". 

7. Disconnect from Mixer #1 and Connect to Mixer #2. 

8. Click on "Routing", "Inputs", and map Channels 1-32 (on the left) to AES50-A 1-32 (on the top) 

9. Close "Routing" and click on "Setup"

10. Change "Mixer", Sychronization to "AES50 A"

11. Connect an Ethercon cable from Mixer #1 AES50-A to Mixer #2 AES50-A.  Mixer #2 will now get an exact copy of Mixer #1 inputs across the AES50 connection. 

Let us know what questions you have. 

Ken 

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver

View solution in original post

Rising Star - Level 3

Hi Bob, 

Happy to help.  Not Paul, but Yes, the setup would be the same for an X32 Compact.  You could even use an X32 Rack and control the livestream with a tablet running Mixing Station or computer running X32 Edit.  Mixing Station has the added advantage of custom tablet layouts so you could provide only what is needed for control of the livestream. 

Ken 

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver

Volunteer Moderator

@RFEvenson wrote:

Hey Paul, 

Thank you for the feedback!  Would that also include the X32 Compact connecting to the full size X32?  Just getting my ducks in a row before I ask for more money  

Yes, as Ken @KenMitchell mentioned, any of the X32 or M32 consoles can work in your eco-system. Even the new Wing will work nicely in this eco-system. Just make sure you get the console that will provide you with the hardware you need (eg. Producer does not have scribble strips). I fell in love with the X32 Rack when it first came out and made the paradigm shift to virtual faders, etc. via tablets and laptop. But not everyone is prepared to make that change.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Volunteer Moderator

@RFEvenson wrote:

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum. Yes indeed you can connect a second X32 for that purpose. This is where the X32 eco-system begins to shine. If you need any help, particularly the routing, we can help.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Rising Star - Level 3

Hi Bob ( @RFEvenson ), 

I'll explain using X32 Edit since I seldom go to the front of my X32 Rack. 

Let's call the "live" mixer #1 and the "stream" mixer #2. 

1. While connected to Mixer #1, click on "Routing" in the upper-right corner. 

2. Click on "Inputs" and make sure that Channel 1-32 (on the left) are mapped to Local 1-32 (on the top). 

3. Click on "AES50 A/B" and map Local 1-32 (at the top) to AES50-A 1-32 (on the left)

4. Close the Routing Window. 

5. Click on "Setup" in the upper-right corner. 

6. Click on "Mixer" and make sure the Sychronization is set to "Internal". 

7. Disconnect from Mixer #1 and Connect to Mixer #2. 

8. Click on "Routing", "Inputs", and map Channels 1-32 (on the left) to AES50-A 1-32 (on the top) 

9. Close "Routing" and click on "Setup"

10. Change "Mixer", Sychronization to "AES50 A"

11. Connect an Ethercon cable from Mixer #1 AES50-A to Mixer #2 AES50-A.  Mixer #2 will now get an exact copy of Mixer #1 inputs across the AES50 connection. 

Let us know what questions you have. 

Ken 

Contributor - Level 2

Hey Paul, 

Thank you for the feedback!  Would that also include the X32 Compact connecting to the full size X32?  Just getting my ducks in a row before I ask for more money  

Thanks!!

Contributor - Level 2

Hey Ken, 

Thank you for taking so much of your time to walk me through the process!  Looking forward to getting better control of our live stream.

Bob

Rising Star - Level 3

Hi Bob, 

Happy to help.  Not Paul, but Yes, the setup would be the same for an X32 Compact.  You could even use an X32 Rack and control the livestream with a tablet running Mixing Station or computer running X32 Edit.  Mixing Station has the added advantage of custom tablet layouts so you could provide only what is needed for control of the livestream. 

Ken 

Volunteer Moderator

@RFEvenson wrote:

Hey Paul, 

Yes, as Ken @KenMitchell mentioned, any of the X32 or M32 consoles can work in your eco-system. Even the new Wing will work nicely in this eco-system. Just make sure you get the console that will provide you with the hardware you need (eg. Producer does not have scribble strips). I fell in love with the X32 Rack when it first came out and made the paradigm shift to virtual faders, etc. via tablets and laptop. But not everyone is prepared to make that change.