Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 1

Sub engaging when sending to mixbus???

We set up 2 wireless IEM's today.  I am having problems with both.  Here we go...

1.  When setting levels for IEM 1, the process is as follows:  Select the stereo linked mixbus (11 and 12 i think), sends on fader, add diff channels to the mixbus.  The problem is that when I turn up the kick on this stereo set, the sub in the house also turns up.  What?

2.  IEM 2 is strange as well because it seems to not be giving me hardly any level at all in the ears for the kick.   ??

I have attached a file to examine.

John

jsm1847 Super Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-24

2020-03-24

Sub engaging when sending to mixbus???

We set up 2 wireless IEM's today.  I am having problems with both.  Here we go...

1.  When setting levels for IEM 1, the process is as follows:  Select the stereo linked mixbus (11 and 12 i think), sends on fader, add diff channels to the mixbus.  The problem is that when I turn up the kick on this stereo set, the sub in the house also turns up.  What?

2.  IEM 2 is strange as well because it seems to not be giving me hardly any level at all in the ears for the kick.   ??

I have attached a file to examine.

John

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Sub engaging when sending to mixbus???

@jsm1847 wrote:

The problem is that when I turn up the kick on this stereo set, the sub in the house also turns up.  

That is because the Kick sends to buses 9/10 (IEM 1) is post fader. Change to pre-fader like with sends to buses 1-8. This the same problem with buses 11/12 (IEM 2).

IEM 2 is strange as well because it seems to not be giving me hardly any level at all in the ears for the kick.

Kick sends to buses 11/12 (IEM 2) is all the way down.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted

@Paul_Vannatto 

Paul, 

I did have a lot of kick in #2, but brought it back down because there wasn't anything. 

Also, I did change it to pre fader, not sure why it saved as post.  Maybe I didn't enable it.  Sounds like something I'd do.  I'll check tomorrow and get back with you.  Thanks for your help!!

Highlighted

@Paul_Vannatto 

Paul, 

I also am having problems with channel 25 and 24, labeled dvd/PC.  For some reason, it wont come out of the house when in 25, but will in 24. I checked everything and it looked mirrored between channels.  🤔

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hey John @jsm1847 ,

The CORONA.scn has DVD on chan 26 and PC on 27/28. The reason why the DVD won't work is that you have an insert (TEQ) assigned, but not enabled. Either enable the insert, or change the assignment to OFF.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted

@Paul_Vannatto 

Sorry about the mixup on #'s... I'm not with the board, just shooting from memory  So it's the PC I'm speaking of. It will work on 27, but not 28.  It will show up on the meters as registering sound, but wont come out through the house.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@jsm1847 wrote:

So it's the PC I'm speaking of. It will work on 27, but not 28.  It will show up on the meters as registering sound, but wont come out through the house.

That is because 27 is panned hard left and 28 is panned hard right. Looking at the Routing, Out 1-16, you are only using the Main Left, not the Main Right (it is not assigned to any output). Change your pans of 27 and 28 to centre.