Highlighted
Solution Leader

Ways to Use TC-Helicon FX150 in a worship setting

We do not have an in-ear system at our church, and I don't know if the musicians would accept them if we did.  The next best solution to minimize stage bleed are mic-stand monitors.  The FX 150 is working great. One application that a guitar player figured was to put it on a music stand (he doesn't sing)IMAG1155.jpgIMAG1156.jpgIMAG1157.jpgIMAG1158.jpg

David Hilderman | Triber, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
David_Hilderman Solution Leader 03-05-2019

03-05-2019

Ways to Use TC-Helicon FX150 in a worship setting

We do not have an in-ear system at our church, and I don't know if the musicians would accept them if we did.  The next best solution to minimize stage bleed are mic-stand monitors.  The FX 150 is working great. One application that a guitar player figured was to put it on a music stand (he doesn't sing)IMAG1155.jpgIMAG1156.jpgIMAG1157.jpgIMAG1158.jpg

• 6 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Ways to Use TC-Helicon FX150 in a worship setting

We use 5 B205D's the same way.

Best choice ever.

Contributor - Level 3

Does this not make the entire room noisy especially when every one wants to be heard.
Solution Leader

Hi @ChisomWorgu , it does make the room noisier than in-ears, but by getting the monitor closer to the musician by putting it on the mic stand, the stage volume is WAY LESS than floor wedges.  Even with this set up, it is a good idea for the sound tech to get up on stage during rehearsal to hear what the musicians are hearing.  I find that musicians often turn their monitors louder than needed, or don't adjust their levels at all.

David Hilderman | Triber, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Solution Leader

The great thing about Fx150s is that you can put them on the same mic stand as your mic. Most other similar monitors require a different stand or that you dissasemble the stand and screw attachments to it.

Solution Leader

We have 2 monitor mixes. One primarily for vocalists, and one for the drummer.  The mix for vocalists has predominantly vocals in the mix.  This mix goes to everyone including instrumentalists.   This mix goes to channel 2 of all the FX150s allowing the passthru connector to daisy chain to multiple monitors.   Instrumentalists, use di boxes, taking the amp thru from the di into channel 1 of the FX150. This way they are able to control their instrument level on stage.  The second monitor mix for the drummer does not have vocals prominent, but has everything good in the mix so that the druumer can keep tight with the group.