Contributor - Level 1

Will I be able to accomplish this with the m32?

Hey everyone,  we are switching things up around here at our church and am looking for some insight. I tried to reach out to Midas pre-sales support to no avail.  Here's what I'm wondering.

We currently use about 36 inputs, but not at the same time.  There is one time a month when we have a 'theater' type production on stage w/ 6 face mics (and that's it).  Would I be able to have those routed to their own DL16 and save a scene that calls them up when needed, and have everything else plugged into a DL32?  Is there a limit to how many devices can be chained together?

I'm hoping to do things this way -  M32 (madi card installed) -> reac bridge -> roland Pmms
                                                                AES50 port A -> DL32 -> DL16 (plugged into port B of DL32)
                                                                Aes50 port B -> 2nd m32 (live stream mix that also obtains channels from the DL32/DL16)

Does this make sense?  WIll it work out this way? Thank you for any input you can provide!

ecobrie Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-06

2019-08-06

Will I be able to accomplish this with the m32?

Hey everyone,  we are switching things up around here at our church and am looking for some insight. I tried to reach out to Midas pre-sales support to no avail.  Here's what I'm wondering.

We currently use about 36 inputs, but not at the same time.  There is one time a month when we have a 'theater' type production on stage w/ 6 face mics (and that's it).  Would I be able to have those routed to their own DL16 and save a scene that calls them up when needed, and have everything else plugged into a DL32?  Is there a limit to how many devices can be chained together?

I'm hoping to do things this way -  M32 (madi card installed) -> reac bridge -> roland Pmms
                                                                Aes50 port B -> 2nd m32 (live stream mix that also obtains channels from the DL32/DL16)

Does this make sense?  WIll it work out this way? Thank you for any input you can provide!

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Will I be able to accomplish this with the m32?

Hi Eric @ecobrie,

Welcome to the forum. The simple answer is yes it should work as you describe. But here are the details.

@ecobrie wrote:

We currently use about 36 inputs, but not at the same time.  There is one time a month when we have a 'theater' type production on stage w/ 6 face mics (and that's it).  Would I be able to have those routed to their own DL16 and save a scene that calls them up when needed, and have everything else plugged into a DL32?

Yes you can do it that way. You can either include the routing in a scene, or do the switching with a snippet or routing preset. If you need help creating snippets, let me know.

Is there a limit to how many devices can be chained together?

Depends on the device. I don't think there is a limit for consoles. But the rule of thumb for stageboxes is 3 S16 (or equivalent) per AES50 port. This limitation is due to the stagebox output assignments.

To me, that interconnectivity mapping is confusing (or in error). What I would suggest would be the following:

M32 LSM [B] <-> [A] M32 FOH [B] <-> [A] DL32 [B] <-> [A] DL16 (mode 3)

M32 FOH [madi] <-> Reac Bridge -> Roland Pmms

Does this make sense?  WIll it work out this way?

Yes

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Eric @ecobrie,

Welcome to the forum. The simple answer is yes it should work as you describe. But here are the details.

@ecobrie wrote:

We currently use about 36 inputs, but not at the same time.  There is one time a month when we have a 'theater' type production on stage w/ 6 face mics (and that's it).  Would I be able to have those routed to their own DL16 and save a scene that calls them up when needed, and have everything else plugged into a DL32?

Yes you can do it that way. You can either include the routing in a scene, or do the switching with a snippet or routing preset. If you need help creating snippets, let me know.

Is there a limit to how many devices can be chained together?

Depends on the device. I don't think there is a limit for consoles. But the rule of thumb for stageboxes is 3 S16 (or equivalent) per AES50 port. This limitation is due to the stagebox output assignments.

To me, that interconnectivity mapping is confusing (or in error). What I would suggest would be the following:

M32 LSM [B] <-> [A] M32 FOH [B] <-> [A] DL32 [B] <-> [A] DL16 (mode 3)

M32 FOH [madi] <-> Reac Bridge -> Roland Pmms

Does this make sense?  WIll it work out this way?

Yes

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for the reply @Paul_Vannatto 

I think I misunderstood how these things should be connected.  Your suggestion makes perfect sense!

Thank you for your help!