Contributor - Level 1

Will I be able to accomplish this with the m32?

Hey everyone,  we are switching things up around here at our church and am looking for some insight. I tried to reach out to Midas pre-sales support to no avail.  Here's what I'm wondering.

We currently use about 36 inputs, but not at the same time.  There is one time a month when we have a 'theater' type production on stage w/ 6 face mics (and that's it).  Would I be able to have those routed to their own DL16 and save a scene that calls them up when needed, and have everything else plugged into a DL32?  Is there a limit to how many devices can be chained together?

I'm hoping to do things this way -  M32 (madi card installed) -> reac bridge -> roland Pmms
                                                                AES50 port A -> DL32 -> DL16 (plugged into port B of DL32)
                                                                Aes50 port B -> 2nd m32 (live stream mix that also obtains channels from the DL32/DL16)

Does this make sense?  WIll it work out this way? Thank you for any input you can provide!

ecobrie Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-06

2019-08-06

Will I be able to accomplish this with the m32?

Hey everyone,  we are switching things up around here at our church and am looking for some insight. I tried to reach out to Midas pre-sales support to no avail.  Here's what I'm wondering.

We currently use about 36 inputs, but not at the same time.  There is one time a month when we have a 'theater' type production on stage w/ 6 face mics (and that's it).  Would I be able to have those routed to their own DL16 and save a scene that calls them up when needed, and have everything else plugged into a DL32?  Is there a limit to how many devices can be chained together?

I'm hoping to do things this way -  M32 (madi card installed) -> reac bridge -> roland Pmms
                                                                Aes50 port B -> 2nd m32 (live stream mix that also obtains channels from the DL32/DL16)

Does this make sense?  WIll it work out this way? Thank you for any input you can provide!

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Will I be able to accomplish this with the m32?

Hi Eric @ecobrie,

Welcome to the forum. The simple answer is yes it should work as you describe. But here are the details.

@ecobrie wrote:

We currently use about 36 inputs, but not at the same time.  There is one time a month when we have a 'theater' type production on stage w/ 6 face mics (and that's it).  Would I be able to have those routed to their own DL16 and save a scene that calls them up when needed, and have everything else plugged into a DL32?

Yes you can do it that way. You can either include the routing in a scene, or do the switching with a snippet or routing preset. If you need help creating snippets, let me know.

Is there a limit to how many devices can be chained together?

Depends on the device. I don't think there is a limit for consoles. But the rule of thumb for stageboxes is 3 S16 (or equivalent) per AES50 port. This limitation is due to the stagebox output assignments.

To me, that interconnectivity mapping is confusing (or in error). What I would suggest would be the following:

M32 LSM [B] <-> [A] M32 FOH [B] <-> [A] DL32 [B] <-> [A] DL16 (mode 3)

M32 FOH [madi] <-> Reac Bridge -> Roland Pmms

Does this make sense?  WIll it work out this way?

Yes

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Volunteer Moderator

Hi Eric @ecobrie,

Welcome to the forum. The simple answer is yes it should work as you describe. But here are the details.

@ecobrie wrote:

We currently use about 36 inputs, but not at the same time.  There is one time a month when we have a 'theater' type production on stage w/ 6 face mics (and that's it).  Would I be able to have those routed to their own DL16 and save a scene that calls them up when needed, and have everything else plugged into a DL32?

Yes you can do it that way. You can either include the routing in a scene, or do the switching with a snippet or routing preset. If you need help creating snippets, let me know.

Is there a limit to how many devices can be chained together?

Depends on the device. I don't think there is a limit for consoles. But the rule of thumb for stageboxes is 3 S16 (or equivalent) per AES50 port. This limitation is due to the stagebox output assignments.

To me, that interconnectivity mapping is confusing (or in error). What I would suggest would be the following:

M32 LSM [B] <-> [A] M32 FOH [B] <-> [A] DL32 [B] <-> [A] DL16 (mode 3)

M32 FOH [madi] <-> Reac Bridge -> Roland Pmms

Does this make sense?  WIll it work out this way?

Yes

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for the reply @Paul_Vannatto 

I think I misunderstood how these things should be connected.  Your suggestion makes perfect sense!

Thank you for your help!