Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X-32 via X-Live direct record via usb to logic

I want to go out of the back of my X-32 with an X-Live card via the USB port on the X-Live direct into my Macbook Pro using Logic Pro X for recording. HOW?

I am told that you need to click something in the board to assign the channels. What/where do I go to do that. I recorded it all via SD card it was a NIGHTMARE transferring 4 worship sets over with multiple stops. 

Thanks in advance

Brandon VanDonkelaar
Bvandonkelaar00 Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-23

2020-03-23

X-32 via X-Live direct record via usb to logic

I want to go out of the back of my X-32 with an X-Live card via the USB port on the X-Live direct into my Macbook Pro using Logic Pro X for recording. HOW?

I am told that you need to click something in the board to assign the channels. What/where do I go to do that. I recorded it all via SD card it was a NIGHTMARE transferring 4 worship sets over with multiple stops. 

Thanks in advance

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: X-32 via X-Live direct record via usb to logic

Hello @Bvandonkelaar00 , welcome to the community.

The output routing for the X-Live USB port is the same as that for the SD cards. If you already set this up, it will not need to be changed. You may need to change the number of channels sent over USB. This is done on the Setup -> Card screen.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Brandon @Bvandonkelaar00 

Welcome to the forum. If you have already successfully recorded to the SD cards, the assignments are the same to the SD cards and USB output. 

I recorded it all via SD card it was a NIGHTMARE transferring 4 worship sets over with multiple stops. 

It would have probably been a lot easier transferring with Patrick's X32Xlive-Wav app.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

@Bvandonkelaar00 

Hello, I think this is what you are asking about? It requires some routing changes. You first need to make sure all the DAW ch's are set up so that each ch has it's own X32 input, 1-32 or whatever you used for input ch's.

Then follow this outline:

X-Live SD tracks recorded to a DAW while SD recorder is playing them.

(mine was set to the full 32 ch recording/playback)

Using X32-Edit, select the X-Live recorder GUI icon, upper right side of the app.
1) In the "Playback" section set it to "SD card"
2) In the "Channel Routing" section set it to "Recording" (NOT AUTO, very important)

X32-Edit mixer Routing pages:

1) Select the "Inputs" tab then down at the bottom (next to aux remap) set it to "Record". Now set the routing for "Card" 1-32 in groups of 8.
2) Select the "Inputs" tab then down at the bottom (next to aux remap) switch it to "Playback" and set it also for "Card" 1-32 in groups of 8
3) In the "Card Output" routing tab: Set all outputs to "Card" 1-32 in groups of 8

Set your DAW to record normally and enter record. Payback the sd card recording. All SD card tracks will then record to your DAW. You can stop between selections and save them to your computer if you want..