TimothyPartridg Contributor - Level 2 2019-07-02

2019-07-02

X32 backup and restore

Our church is using a Behringer x32 and we recently had a problem with communication between our S16 stage box and the board. The LED next the "B" on the display is white and the two devices will not communicate. We had the S16 serviced and we were told there was a "data lock" that was cleared and the unit tested fine. However when we tried to connect to board at the church the LED light is still white. We did make sure that: the cables are good, we did plug into the "A" port on the S16, we did connect directly to the board eliminating the run to the platform without any success.

We are thinking the same "data lock" is effecting the port on the board and that we might have to reset the board to factory settings.

Yes finally my question: We backed up the board to a PC, prior to this issue, can we restore the board with this backup, (if so how, because we cannot fine out how anywhere) or will we have to manually set up the board?

Thank you for any help?

• 0 Kudos
  • 12 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X32 backup and restore

Hi Tim @TimothyPartridg,

Have you tried another known good AES50 cable (cat5e/cat6/cat7 STP with ethercon ends) to connect the console to the S16?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Contributor - Level 2

@Paul_Vannatto our SD-16 has a bad main board. I have the S16 beside the board and have tried several cat5/6 cables. Beginning to think it is a hardware issue. 

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@TimothyPartridg wrote:

@Paul_Vannatto our SD-16 has a bad main board. I have the S16 beside the board and have tried several cat5/6 cables. Beginning to think it is a hardware issue. 

It is very possible that you are correct. You said that you tried various cat5/6 cables. Are they shielded cables and do they have the ethercon ends, and is there ground continuity between ethercon shells?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator