Contributor - Level 2

X32 backup and restore

Our church is using a Behringer x32 and we recently had a problem with communication between our S16 stage box and the board. The LED next the "B" on the display is white and the two devices will not communicate. We had the S16 serviced and we were told there was a "data lock" that was cleared and the unit tested fine. However when we tried to connect to board at the church the LED light is still white. We did make sure that: the cables are good, we did plug into the "A" port on the S16, we did connect directly to the board eliminating the run to the platform without any success.

We are thinking the same "data lock" is effecting the port on the board and that we might have to reset the board to factory settings.

Yes finally my question: We backed up the board to a PC, prior to this issue, can we restore the board with this backup, (if so how, because we cannot fine out how anywhere) or will we have to manually set up the board?

Thank you for any help?

TimothyPartridg Contributor - Level 2 3 weeks ago

3 weeks ago

X32 backup and restore

Our church is using a Behringer x32 and we recently had a problem with communication between our S16 stage box and the board. The LED next the "B" on the display is white and the two devices will not communicate. We had the S16 serviced and we were told there was a "data lock" that was cleared and the unit tested fine. However when we tried to connect to board at the church the LED light is still white. We did make sure that: the cables are good, we did plug into the "A" port on the S16, we did connect directly to the board eliminating the run to the platform without any success.

We are thinking the same "data lock" is effecting the port on the board and that we might have to reset the board to factory settings.

Yes finally my question: We backed up the board to a PC, prior to this issue, can we restore the board with this backup, (if so how, because we cannot fine out how anywhere) or will we have to manually set up the board?

Thank you for any help?

• 0 Kudos
  • 12 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X32 backup and restore

@TimothyPartridg wrote:

We backed up the board to a PC, prior to this issue, can we restore the board with this backup, (if so how, because we cannot fine out how anywhere) or will we have to manually set up the board?

How did you backup the board to a PC? Did you save the show or just the scenes and/or snippets? Please understand that backing up this way does not save all settings. The global settings (Setup, global -> Network) pages are not saved in a show, scene or snippet. 

This white LED you are getting, is that on the X32 or the S16? If it is on the X32, what are you getting on the S16? What is your synchronization settings on the X32 (it should be Internal)? What mode is the S16 set to (it should be mode 1)?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for replying. The white light is on the x32. I believe we did a complete backup especially since we don’t have any shows, scenes or snippets loaded. The x32 is in the internal mode however not sure about S16. Hopefully that helps. 

Contributor - Level 2

Here the front of our S-16

Volunteer Moderator

Hey Tim @TimothyPartridg, thanks for the S16 photo. Just as I figured, the SN Master light is on, meaning that the S16 is in mode 7 or 8 (see explanation) and it is trying to be the master clock. If the X32 synchronization is set to internal (which it should be) it is also trying to be the master clock. You can only have one master clock in an X32 eco-system. Change the mode until you get to mode 1 (no lights on).

Contributor - Level 2

@Paul_Vannatto Here is the current board setting

Contributor - Level 2

@Paul_Vannatto Here is the current S16 setting. Again thanks for the help.  

Volunteer Moderator

Hey Tim @TimothyPartridg, both photos are the same (S16 front panel), but looks correct. Did it sync correctly after you changed it?

Contributor - Level 2

@Paul_Vannatto no it did not sync up. I think I will have to reset the board. I have the x32 on a PC and I have an option for syncing from PC to Board. Hopefully this will save me some routing time. Thanks for all your help. 

Contributor - Level 2

@Paul_Vannatto I did a factory reset on the board. The good thing is I was able to sync from PC to Board and restore all my settings. The bad side is that didn’t fix my problem. So I am still at step one and now getting to frustration. You have been awesome.