Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X32 user assigned input

Where can I find a tutorial on the new user assigned input routing? I found the user tab and can set the routing needed, but nothing actually happens. What an I missing?

Mathman74 Contributor - Level 2 2020-02-12

2020-02-12

X32 user assigned input

Where can I find a tutorial on the new user assigned input routing? I found the user tab and can set the routing needed, but nothing actually happens. What an I missing?

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X32 user assigned input

Hi Steve @Mathman74 

Welcome to the forum. The User In and Out assignments are similar to the Out 1-16, Aux Out and Ultranet, in that these patch individual signals to make up banks of 8. Once these are configured, you need to assign the desired banks of 8 to the physical outputs (AES50, Card Out and XLR Out).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor - Level 1

@Mathman74 

Hello Steve, welcome to the community.

There are two steps required to use the User Input routing:

First set up the routing crosspoint as required. For example:

Routing, User InRouting, User In

Then select the User In crosspoint as the source for the inputs. For example:

Routing, InputsRouting, Inputs

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Are you using a computer connected to the board?

Is there a way to do it from the board only?

What do I need to connect to computer?

Thank you for the help.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Paul,

I think the actual steps to assign the routing is what I need.

I have gone to the user tab and set the inputs as needed

Ex. Bank 1-8 : Set 1-5 to AES50 1-5 and 6-8 to card 6-8. 

But how do I get the board to actually recognize and use that routing>

Thanks

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@Mathman74 wrote:

But how do I get the board to actually recognize and use that routing>

Are you assigning these to the User In or User Out? What physical input/output do you want this bank of 8 assigned to?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

As an example, those are assigned to the input bank 1-8

Perhaps a little more information would be helpful.

Currently (the old way, with banks of 8), when I switch from the live inputs (stage boxes, AES 50) for live performance to the card inputs for VSC, the inputs are the only thing I change. All the output routing stays the same.

I would like to be able to mix the card inputs and and live inputs within a bank. 

Example: drums live through inputs 1-5 with other band members on VSC on inputs 6-8.

Does the user tab require both the inputs and outputs to be specified within it? I thought I could set the input routing, and leave the output routing alone. It seems like when I made the changes to the user tab (from the board) that nothing really changed with the actual routing. 

So how do I get the board to recognize the changes I made? I tried saving to a new scene after I made the changes, but when I looked at it, the old routing still seemed to be there.

I appreciate the time you are taking to help

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I think I found my answer. 

Thank you all for your help.