Contributor - Level 1

local FOH aux input to remote recording console

I have our CD/media player locally coming out of aux inputs 5 & 6 directly from the FOH console in the main sanctuary.  How can I route aux inputs to our other x32 console we have in another room for recording the service in the main sanctuary.  The remote console is connected vai cat 6.  All 32 channels are assigned and are connected via the S32 stage box to both consoles.

Cirdnek Contributor - Level 1 2019-11-20

2019-11-20

local FOH aux input to remote recording console

I have our CD/media player locally coming out of aux inputs 5 & 6 directly from the FOH console in the main sanctuary.  How can I route aux inputs to our other x32 console we have in another room for recording the service in the main sanctuary.  The remote console is connected vai cat 6.  All 32 channels are assigned and are connected via the S32 stage box to both consoles.

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Rising Star - Level 2

Re: local FOH aux input to remote recording console

Hi @Cirdnek 

You can do it. Couple of questions first. 

1. How are the consoles and S32 physically connected? X32<->S32<->X32  or  X32<->X32<->S32?

2. Which firmware are you running? 4.0 may be easier.

3. Are you actively using all 32 inputs on the remote console?

Contributor - Level 1

The consoles are connected via cat 5 to an S32 stage box

All 32 channels are connected to a mic or instrument.

I'm not sure specifically which firmware is running, but I know we haven't downloaded the most recent update that came out last week.

Rising Star - Level 2

@Cirdnek 

I am going to assume that one cat 5 cable connect from each X32 to the S32 (the X32s don't have a direct connection between them). This does make a difference in the routing.

In your particular case, I would wait until you're ready to upgrade to the new firmware, because the new firmware is designed to do this type of routing.

The new firmware seems to be pretty solid, but don't upgrade until you have time to test ( and time to downgrade if needed).

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Kendric @Cirdnek 

Welcome to the forum. Since you are sending all 32 channels from the S32 to both consoles, in order to send the CD from one console to the other, you will need to shift the 32 channels (4 banks of 8) over one bank on the AES50 outputs (Out 1-8 shift to Out 9-16, etc) then on the receiving end assign those shifted banks of 8 on the Routing, Input screen (eg. Inputs 1-8 -> AES50 9-16). This frees up the first bank of 8 to assign the Aux In/TB (which the CD is connected) and on the receiving end assign signals from that first bank of 8 using the Aux In Remap (eg. AES50 1-2). 

If you want more details, you need to provide your interconnectivity mapping. 

For example:

S32 [A] <-> [B] X32 FOH [A] <-> [B] X32 Recording.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!