Contributor - Level 2

no mic signal from my drums mics on an x32

i just started doing the sound for my church and have very little knowledge about controling our x32. i just recently came accros a problem with the drums mics they were working b4 but they stop working i get no signal coming in into the console and i have them under 1-8 local even if i change the mics nothing happens the gain is about right but no ligts coming into the channel pls someone help. only 3 out of 8 mics are working

drum2020 Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-25

2019-11-25

no mic signal from my drums mics on an x32

i just started doing the sound for my church and have very little knowledge about controling our x32. i just recently came accros a problem with the drums mics they were working b4 but they stop working i get no signal coming in into the console and i have them under 1-8 local even if i change the mics nothing happens the gain is about right but no ligts coming into the channel pls someone help. only 3 out of 8 mics are working

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: no mic signal from my drums mics on an x32

@drum2020 

Hello Uri, welcome to the community.

I would take one of the working mics and, using a known good mic cable, try it directly into each of the console inputs 1-8. This will determine if the problem is with the console or mics and cables.

If there is a problem with the direct inputs, check the routing and channel settings in case something changed there. If you save your scene and attach it to your post, we can check it for you. See Choose File button below.

View solution in original post

@drum2020 wrote:

thanks for the quick respond i did tryed a good mic and connected to that cable and still doesnt have any signal. what setting in the routing should i look for? should the mic connection plug on the snack board match the chanel number display in the console inputs?

@drum2020 

The input connector does not necessarily match the channel number. This can be changed on the channel's Config tab. If you are not sure how to check the settings, attach your scene file so we can help.

Contributor - Level 2

i found the solution to the problem the mics that were not working were does that needed the 48v botton selected in the x32 mixer  and had have the mics working and also some of the cables were miss place at the stage box i did checked the routing everything looks good there everything since to be working good now thanks for all your help i really apreciate it. gb

@drum2020 

Hello Uri, welcome to the community.

I would take one of the working mics and, using a known good mic cable, try it directly into each of the console inputs 1-8. This will determine if the problem is with the console or mics and cables.

If there is a problem with the direct inputs, check the routing and channel settings in case something changed there. If you save your scene and attach it to your post, we can check it for you. See Choose File button below.

Contributor - Level 2

thanks for the quick respond i did tryed a good mic and connected to that cable and still doesnt have any signal. what setting in the routing should i look for? should the mic connection plug on the snack board match the chanel number display in the console inputs?

@drum2020 wrote:

@drum2020 

The input connector does not necessarily match the channel number. This can be changed on the channel's Config tab. If you are not sure how to check the settings, attach your scene file so we can help.

Contributor - Level 2

ok thanks so much ill check that and ill upload a copy of my scene to follow up

Contributor - Level 2

i found the solution to the problem the mics that were not working were does that needed the 48v botton selected in the x32 mixer  and had have the mics working and also some of the cables were miss place at the stage box i did checked the routing everything looks good there everything since to be working good now thanks for all your help i really apreciate it. gb

Highlighted

@drum2020 wrote:

@drum2020 

I'm glad to hear that you have it all working, Uri. Problems can be difficult to find when there are two things wrong at the same time. At least you now know a lot more about how the system works.