Sorry to turn this thread into a monologue but I managed to fix it. I just wanted to share this because it's likely that other people may have the same problem (now or in the future). All I did was change the directory for the driver from 'Program Files\BEHRINGER\UMC_Driver_Update' to 'Program Files (x86)\BEHRINGER\UMC_Driver_Update['. During the installation itself and upon finishing, I got some different dialogue than in all previous attempts. Now a 'U' icon showed up in the system tray (bottom right corner of the screen) which didn't happen before. All I can assume is that somehow the installation didn't run successfully because of the default directory (even though it seemed to have finished properly during those previous attempts). Anyway, hopefully this will at least help some people out who are having the some problem.
I received this unit today but I'm having trouble getting it to work. The main problem is that I cannot get audio to be played from my pc through the headphone output. I have not tried the main outputs because I don't have speakers/monitors. My condenser microphone does work and I can monitor myself through the headphone output just fine, it is only audio from my pc that doesn't make it through the device. I will just list the specific problems I have, I do not know if some of these are related but hopefully someone can help me out. I will try to use the English terms as best as I can, I am using a Dutch version of Windows 10 and I am not sure about certain English names. 1) In Device Manager, it shows up several times: - 1x under 'Other devices' as 'UMC204HD 192k DFU --> I understand this has to do with a firmware update, which I will get to later. - 2x under Audio input and output (1x as Speakers and 1x as Microphones) - 3x under Controls for sound, video and games as 'UMC204HD 192k' --> one of these has a yellow triangle with exclamation mark 2) When I try to update the drivers by right-clicking the above items, I am told that the most recent drivers are already installed, except for the DFU item. I cannot seem to update this. 3) I installed the most recent drivers from your website (v3.29.0_Win7to10) 4) I downloaded the firmware update zip file (v1_12) from your website. I launched the .exe file and extracted the fold with all the different .bin files, UMCAudioDfu.exe and .xml file. However, when I try to open the Dfu.exe file, I get an error message saying "The driver DLL required to access the device is missing. 5) When I try to play back a song in Windows Media Player, I get a notification saying "An audio device is no longer connected or the device was not configured. [...]". When I try to configure the device in the Windows sound settings, it says it is unable to play the test tone. That is about all the information I can provide. I cannot think of anything else to try and I'm starting to think that the device may be defective, which would be a big disappointment. It's possible I did things in the wrong order while setting it up. I tried three different USB ports on my pc but this doesn't seem to make a difference. I really hope someone can provide a sollution! EDIT: I just noticed that after installing the driver (v3.29.0), it does not show up in the directory where I had it installed. I put it in the default directory (Program Files\BEHRINGER\UMC_Audio_Driver) but there is not folder called 'BEHRINGER' is my Program Files (also not in Program Files (x86)).